Upcoming OHMS Training Courses
Published January 31, 2020
OHMS Training has a great opportunity for continuous professional development through their IP 402 Asbestos Surveying course
IP402 Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings – now online.
Wednesday 3rd – Friday 5th June 2020
AT OHMS Training, we are committed to continuing to deliver our high-quality courses during these unprecedented times. We have now been approved to deliver the IP402 remotely, enabling students to receive the same professional level of learning as they would in the classroom.
To provide candidates with background and practical knowledge in the surveying of buildings for asbestos and to provide general guidance on management procedures necessary to minimise exposure to any identified asbestos.
Why Should You Attend?
- Delivered by industry experts and lead by our own Certified Occupational Hygienist with over 30 years of experience in occupational, analytical and environmental chemistry, a BSc (Hons) in Environmental Chemistry with a post graduate degree in Occupational Hygiene and a PhD in Geochemistry. You are learning from the very best in their field.
- Meet and network with other like-minded professionals and learn from each other’s experiences
- Strengthen your existing qualifications and experience with an international proficiency accreditation from the BOHS – a globally renowned industry authority.
- This BOHS course is unique in its content and delivery.
- Have a clear understanding of the requirements relating to safe management of asbestos in buildings and be able to communicate appropriately with colleagues and clients.
- Be able to describe the uses of asbestos in buildings and the public health risk these might pose. Candidates must understand the principles of and requirements for asbestos surveys.
- Understand the risk assessment and risk management strategies and their role in reducing health risks.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the approved methods for sampling of bulk asbestos along with the situations where segregation may be required.
- Candidates must have a good understanding of suitable PPE/RPE to be used and the methods for personal decontamination.
- Understand how to carry out surveys to identify the presence of asbestos and its type in different locations including:
– understanding of buildings and their structures;
– surveying and sampling techniques;
– safety requirements for surveying;
– post survey evaluation.
On successful completion of the IP402 course the candidate will obtain an international proficiency certificate from the BOHS in Surveying and Sampling for Asbestos in Buildings.
Don’t let this opportunity for online learning pass you by. To find out more call us on 0468 553 696 to reserve your place. Click here for further course information.
AHCA Annual General Meeting
Posted on April 1, 2021
Catch up on our latest AGM with this video recording of the event. We’re announcing some new members […]Read the full story
March Lead Webinar
Posted on March 11, 2021
A huge thank you to our special guests, Dr Julia Norris and Alan Ly, for joining us for […]Read the full story
Catch up on our Lead Exposure Webinar
Posted on July 13, 2020
On July 2nd we were proud to host a webinar dealing with the exposures associated with working with […]Read the full story
Join us for our lead webinar
Posted on June 24, 2020
Join the AHCA to discuss exposure risks associated with lead paint and dust with special guests from SafeWork […]Read the full story