Upcoming OHMS Training Courses
Published January 31, 2020
OHMS Training has a great opportunity for continuous professional development through their IP 402 Asbestos Surveying course
IP402 Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings – now online.
Wednesday 3rd – Friday 5th June 2020
AT OHMS Training, we are committed to continuing to deliver our high-quality courses during these unprecedented times. We have now been approved to deliver the IP402 remotely, enabling students to receive the same professional level of learning as they would in the classroom.
To provide candidates with background and practical knowledge in the surveying of buildings for asbestos and to provide general guidance on management procedures necessary to minimise exposure to any identified asbestos.
Why Should You Attend?
- Delivered by industry experts and lead by our own Certified Occupational Hygienist with over 30 years of experience in occupational, analytical and environmental chemistry, a BSc (Hons) in Environmental Chemistry with a post graduate degree in Occupational Hygiene and a PhD in Geochemistry. You are learning from the very best in their field.
- Meet and network with other like-minded professionals and learn from each other’s experiences
- Strengthen your existing qualifications and experience with an international proficiency accreditation from the BOHS – a globally renowned industry authority.
- This BOHS course is unique in its content and delivery.
- Have a clear understanding of the requirements relating to safe management of asbestos in buildings and be able to communicate appropriately with colleagues and clients.
- Be able to describe the uses of asbestos in buildings and the public health risk these might pose. Candidates must understand the principles of and requirements for asbestos surveys.
- Understand the risk assessment and risk management strategies and their role in reducing health risks.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the approved methods for sampling of bulk asbestos along with the situations where segregation may be required.
- Candidates must have a good understanding of suitable PPE/RPE to be used and the methods for personal decontamination.
- Understand how to carry out surveys to identify the presence of asbestos and its type in different locations including:
– understanding of buildings and their structures;
– surveying and sampling techniques;
– safety requirements for surveying;
– post survey evaluation.
On successful completion of the IP402 course the candidate will obtain an international proficiency certificate from the BOHS in Surveying and Sampling for Asbestos in Buildings.
Don’t let this opportunity for online learning pass you by. To find out more call us on 0468 553 696 to reserve your place. Click here for further course information.
Posted on October 18, 2021
The AHCA would like to highlight to members and the wider industry a recent statement released by NATA […]Read the full story
Health Monitoring for Workers Carrying Asbestos Related Works
Posted on October 18, 2021
As a part of National Safety Month, AHCA provides the following reminder relating to the obligation of monitoring […]Read the full story
Catch up on our WA Guidelines Webinar
Posted on October 14, 2021
The Asbestos and Hazardous Materials Consultant’s Association (AHCA) recently hosted a webinar on “Western Australia Department of Health: […]Read the full story
Catch up on our latest Asbestos Webinar
Posted on August 24, 2021
We were lucky enough to host two great speakers at our latest webinar, Laurent Fenouil from COHLABS TEM, […]Read the full story